"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Friday, July 19, 2013

It's Feline Friday! July 19, 2013

I have been busy the last few weeks
 working in "Kathe's Sweat Shop" making 
3 baby quilts for 3 boys all due
 from late October to mid-November...


Here's one- please note the "feline" theme!
Close up of it is below....  



And here's another- I had a jungle theme going on...
please note Lucy checking it out ....



The third one is already at the quilting place,
but I'll take a pic of it once it's all done.
It has giraffes in it and turned out so cute!
These go the the quilting place today.
I can design and sew the top together but I am not
so great at the fancy top stitching....
The man who does the quilting around here
does it free hand and is a genius at it! 
~~~~~~~~
To see more Friday Felines or to post one yourself
go here thanks to Steve of BFDude!

14 comments:

  1. They are lovely especially the third one, well done clever and artistic :-)

    Have a quilttastic week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the second one. It would be perfect for my new grandson. His bedroom is in the jungle animal print. Have a great weekend! ~Sandy~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work! I love the last one. :)

    Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all of these and I'm sure they will be greatly appreciated.

    Have a purrfect Feline Friday. Big hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were walking on the wild side! Perfect for boys though. You did an excellent job on those two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilts are beautiful. Any child would love to have one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute those are. You have so many talents. I look forward to seeing the one that is at the quilt shop when you post a picture. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big cats today! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lions, tiger and leopards, oh my!

    Have a great Feline Friday weekend!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  10. very pretty make some mommies happy have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:36 PM

    Ooh! These are nice! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the mitered sashing on the first one. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bottom one is a wonderful children's quilt, Kathe. I didn't know that you could get someone to quilt your quilt after you do the sewing. Good deal.

    Thank you for peeking in on my hairless cat and for leaving your nice comment. Sorry I'm late in returning it.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so talented. All of them are good.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!