"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Poetry Jam~~~Flower Children



Happy Birthday Phillip and Paul !!!



Oh my sons
with happy smiles and grubby fists
my favorite flowers
.......

You brought me
Posies, pebbles, and sticks
Even a bug couldn't make me say "Ick"!
Squished dandelions
and sticky candy
Little boys can be so dandy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This weeks theme on Poetry Jam is flowers-
I immediately thought of my two sons Phillip and Paul
Born in the '60's my true Flower Children
Happy April Birthday to Phillip
and Happy June Birthday to Paul!!
~~~~~
Go here to see what flowery poems there are to be read!

23 comments:

Grace said...

Happy birthday to your flower children ~ How sweet of them to give you your favorite flowers ~

Dana said...

I agree: little boys are wonderful. :) Love this!

LaTonya Baldwin said...

Something about mothers and her sons. Made me smile.

Helen said...

As you know, my children were born in the 60s too ... WE are the original flower Mamas!

Stephen Hayes said...

You've captured the very essence of little boys. Well done.

Sandee said...

That was adorable and oh so true. I raised a boy too.

♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday Dear Phillip and Paul,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you.♪♪

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs. ☺

Mary said...

What a fun poem! Children are wonderful 'flowers' indeed! Cool that yours are really flower children from the 60's!! Nice to see you in Poetry Jam.

Brian Miller said...

ha. i like this much...made me smile...my boy was my flower today too...and they do bring some pretty amazing treasures...smiles

VaNdAnA ShArMa said...

cute!!!

alan1704 said...

I remember squashed flowers, but it is the thought that counts. Great words

kaykuala said...

Children are blessings that not all can experience. Those blessed are forever privileged with joy and laughter. Truly said Kathe!

Hank

Laurie Kolp said...

How sweet! My baby boy is 10 today!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I brought many a bug and critter home when I was little. My mom was not amused :)

Stephen Hayes said...

I posted a comment yesterday but don't see it. Wouldn't want to to think I was avoiding you.

Cheryl said...

Happy birthday to your boys. Such a cute post!! Little boys are adorable for sure.

Peggy said...

Ah yes those flower children. And indeed little boys can be so dandy!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I so enjoyed this poem and oh, that photo of the hammock makes me want to jump right in!

messymimi said...

Yes, boys are dandy,
Kathe's point is true,
and i would just add,
the girls are, too!

In a different way, i love my boys and my girls best. Have a great day!

Robyn Greenhouse said...

As a mom to boys ~ I love this!

Poet Laundry said...

Children are the best flowers of all...very sweet!

Margaret said...

Awe. Yes, I can relate, but I DO say "ick" to bugs. :)

SaraV said...

Kathe, I completely relate! My two boys were the same and they are dandy :-) Great response to the prompt!

Susan Lindquist said...

Yup ... nothin' beats a posey from a youngster!