"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Thursday, April 18, 2013

P is for Peaches


P!!!



Big sweet bites
Sticky juice dripping off my chin
Peachy bliss



Last summer I bought some lovely ripe local peaches.
Some were devoured immediately and some went into
becoming delectable Ginger Peach Jam.
The others became a Peach Pie.
!!YUMMY !!

7 comments:

Sandee said...

I love peaches. I'm coming over for some of that jam and the pie too.

Have a fantastic day. ☺

Helen said...

Peaches, oranges, mangoes eating fruit with sweet juice ... dripping down my chin is just fine!!

Sandy said...

Ginger peach jam, sounds yummy. MIL used to can peaches, thanks for the memories.

A-Z

Dana said...

Ginger-peach jam sounds wonderful! Now I'm really longing for summer. :)

messymimi said...

The Ruston peaches will be in soon -- and we can hardly wait!

Stephen Hayes said...

You've succinctly captured the essence of peachiness.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Great picks and great poem. Yum! :)