"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Another wildlife sighting!

En garde!


We spotted 10 wild turkeys around our house
a few days ago- 3 Toms and 7 Hens.
We love having wildlfe roaming through
our 10 acres. Very fun to watch.


"Hello my honey, hello my baby, hello my ragtime gal...."

7 comments:

  1. They figure it's safe now that the holidays are over.

    Okay, I agree, it's way cool. I would love to see your wild turkeys roaming around too.

    Have a terrific day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not I have never seen a wild turkey. Isn't that crazy??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turkeys are fun to watch, aren't they?

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen wild turkeys before but that weren't as pretty as these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wild turkeys are much prettier and much smarter than their domesticated cousins. When i see them like this, i am reminded why Benjamin Franklin wanted them, and not the eagle, as our national bird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think having wildlife around is so interesting. We don't have acreage here in town but on our farm I see wildlife from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun. We have them here too and they are such characters.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!