"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw
"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Blustery Day - Magpie 144

Squall, 1986, by Andrew Wyeth


On a lovely blustery Pooh day
With the wind whipping around
Bundled up we took a brisk walk
To see what might have fallen down
With the wind at our back
And our eyes on the ground
We almost missed that piece of sky
A remnant of a birthday now
Pinioned to a tree unable to fly 
 

Windy day photo by Kathe Worsley 
11-18-2012
~~~~~
Thanks to Tess Kincaid for Magpie Tales 
providing each week a new image for us.
Serendipidity and todays wind gave me the second image.
For more takes on this weeks Magpie Tales go here:

25 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

The yellow coat makes me think of Pooh, too!

Helen said...

At first glance, I thought I saw a kite ... balloon is even better! This is so blustery-day sweet!!!

Daydreamertoo said...

Awww.... love walks like that, especially with the wind at your backs too.
You even managed to make me feel sorry for the balloon.

Stafford Ray said...

Brave girl out on a blustery day. I bet you wore the Pooh coat!

Jacqui Binford-Bell said...

Love your blue kite at the end.

Leovi said...

Delicious poem with nice autumn feeling.

The Bug said...

You never know where the wind will take things :)

ReBelle said...

Wonderful observation.

Laurie Kolp said...

Pooh! How wonderful. I won't forget that yellow slicker ever.

izzy said...

Good twist! thanks-

anthonynorth said...

Love the way you brought the two pics together.

messymimi said...

Ah, windy days can make for grand adventures.

Celia said...

Read your poem as the wind whips through here, lovely, will remember to look up.

De said...

Ohhhh. I LOVE Pooh, and this poem. Especially that piece of sky. :)

de
(whimysgizmo.wordpress.com)

Linda said...

"John had a great big waterproof MacIntosh
John had a great big waterproof hat
John had a great big waterproof boots on
And that said John is that! "...... A.A. Milne

I so love Pooh bear and his poetry. Thank you for sharing this, Kathe.

Sue said...

Pooh came to my mind as well. I love that yellow jacket of his!

You did a great job with this one.

=)

Carrie Burtt said...

Love your windy day photo Kathe....and love your beautiful words! :-)

Karen S. said...

this has to be my favorite- I'm such a Pooh fan!

Margaret said...

What a truly, lovely poem. Most have gone heavy with this image... but you made it work so well going the other way. Thank you.

Kutamun said...

Caution , drop bears !

Jinksy said...

Blustery Pooh days are great! :)

Helena said...

I adore little bits of Pooh...!

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Lovely stuff - the magic of a Pooh day...

Anna :o]

~T~ said...

Great poem and picture!

Sue J said...

I love this! Piece of sky - Yes!!