"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Eric Alder's Monday Photo Prompt: 5-29-2012 The Not So Comfy Chair

You might think you are above us
But you aren't
Your comfy chair isn't a pedestal
It's a target.
Duck.
~~~~~~~~
I am not sure who this statue is- nor where it is.
But it triggered a visceral response in me.
I don't really know how our politicians became
so de-railed in respecting their fellow citizens,
but I sure as hell am sick of it.
And when I wrote "Duck" I wasn't referring
to bullets, but more preferably some rotten tomatoes.
This "Era of Greed" has gone on long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!