"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw
"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

Sunday, October 02, 2011

Magpie 85

Image courtesy from Tess Kincaid of Magpie Tales
http://magpietales.blogspot.com/



I'm not Babar nor that circus trick Dumbo

and I'm certainly not the famous African Bush Jumbo


Finally after being faithful 100 percent
I have wings and I'm so elegant
I'm Horton the flying Elephant!*


*"I meant what I said and I said what I meant,
an elephant's faithful, one hundred per cent!"
Famous quote from Dr Seuss book Horton Hatches the Egg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horton_Hatches_the_Egg
One of my children's favorite book and author.

25 comments:

Rene/ Not The Rockefellers said...

Horton and Dumbo are two of my favorite pachyderms :)

JJ Roa Rodriguez said...

I love this take...

JJRod'z

kaykuala said...

Children will love Dumbo because their imagination sees it as a reality.

Nanka said...

What would we have done without Walt Disney and Dr Seuss!! :) Good recollections through this prompt today!!
Elephants are faithful all of the time,but not some of the time when man makes him go berserk!!

christopher said...

Indeed this prompt seems to go two ways, to the deep and to the colorful. I am grateful Horton has chosen to appear.

Tess Kincaid said...

Babar is my fave...

Kay L. Davies said...

Fun, Kathe!

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

thingy said...

Aah, wonderful take on the prompt.

Happy Birthday!

Carrie Burtt said...

Love your take Kathe! :)

Rinkly Rimes said...

A brief history of cartoon elephants! Very nice.

Ann Grenier said...

Horton, of course. Enjoyed your light take on the prompt!

Suz said...

so many good elephants
i had forgotten

Tumblewords: said...

Ah, yes! Well done!

Jo Bryant said...

Oh what fun was this to read

Lyn said...

Would that we all could be like Horton!! Charming..

chiccoreal said...

Dear Kathe: Makes sense this elephant IS Horton! The wings were a giveaway! Lovely memories of all those adorable childhood elephants.

Helen said...

Oh Kathe! This is adorable!

Morning said...

fun take.

both are fun characters.

Jo Bryant said...

Hi Kathe,
i must be having a bad comment day - I pressed approved on yours on my blog and it deleted it - so I wanted to come here and say thanks for stopping by and your lovely comment. Surprise - I had stopped in before and thought I'd left a comment -obviously comments are not my thing this week...hehehe - love this take on the theme. :)

Brian Miller said...

nice...love me some seuss....

Kristen Haskell said...

I love Horton hears a who

Lena said...

Hey! Hey! This has given me the biggest smile so far! Says me.....or the kid inside me, rather!

Trellissimo said...

Lovely handful of elephant!

Isabel Doyle said...

great elephants!

Bee's Blog said...

Such a good take. Like it very much