"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Last Week Was Busy...........

First things first....new polish on my toes.....
please note: Life is too short to wear only one color....

Last Wednesday found us at Laurelthirst Tavern
for Happy Hour Music!

http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/res8u18i/laurelthirstpublichouse/
Our most favorite group Sasparilla Jug Band was playing
and is all this month from 6pm-8pm...go see them if you can!
http://www.sassparillapdx.com/home.html

Friday we drove over to Vernonia Oregon for

The Mountain Man Rendevous. All weekend

they were camped out having fun recreating the past

wearing circa clothing and shooting black powder rifles.

While Russell shot at targets, I sat peaceably reading at the campsite.

I took a few photos of the little pond nearby...

The cattails by the pond....

and grasses blowing in the wind.....

Saturday I drove down to Neahkahnie Mountain to
celebrate John and Amy's 22nd Anniversary,
Laura's 47th Birthday and Zan's upcoming move to Florida
(only for 18 months or so...)
Here's a shot of Laura and Zan enjoying sister time...

A shot of Saturday's dinner...lovely time

Sunday was the big party- a lot of good friends,
neighbors, and relatives showed up and everyone
had a great time.
Laura and Bill brought 100 avocados from their orchard
We had them arranged all over the house...

One of the many decks-it was a gorgeous day.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Snappy: Looks lovely the time at the Mountain Man convention, and the toes are so beautiful! Makes one want to move to Oregon! I wish! I guess you would know this; that Oregon was names after Oregano! Is this a folktale? I am not sure! Did a lot of hippies retire there! My hub wants to retire in BC. I think I have relatives in Portland. Someday...lovely pics! Those are sweet pea with the avocados! I recognize them! Wasnt Northern Exposure filmed in parts of Oregon to simulate Alaska? I think so...:)Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post..

    http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/08/55-flash-friday-55-is-written-by.html
    an award for you,
    Happy Weekend,
    Cheers!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!