"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day Eight- the Zocolo


Today was a slow day after all we did yesterday in Teotitlan. We had a great
breakfast and then went off to the Zocalo for a few hours of people watching.
I brought my drawing supplies with me and did warm up my fingers making
a very simple drawing with my watercolor pencils.
The Zocolo is for everyone to sit, eat, chat or be still. It’s everyone’s backyard.

But first-a delicious breakfast!
The Zocolo Cathedral


Lots of balloon vendors

A few days ago this statue wore a blue mask...


Cool shady spaces

Private places for private conversations


Shaved ice with fruit juices...


Later that evening we walked by Santo Domingo just a few
blocks from our Bed and Breakfast

Interesting night shadows

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!